Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 1, 2009

18 Months?!

I'm just not sure how that is possible! My little baby is 18 months old today. He has grown SO much! I feel a little guilty for not keeping up on his milestones like I did with Eli, but I have a few more things rolling right now than I did when Eli was his age.

So here are a few fun things about Xander as we mark his 18th month in our family.
  • He is starting to talk up a storm! He is picking up oodles of new words every day. So nice when they can communicate!
  • He not only walks with ease, he can also run and jump! He has the CUTEST little hoppy run!!
  • He is TEETHING! 5 coming in at once is a bit brutal, but 3 of the 5 are almost all the way in.
  • He's got ATTITUDE! Much of this is learned from big brother (Thanks, Eli!). He's a bit sassy and will spit at me when I tell him no or do something he doesn't like...definitely NOT my fav!
  • He LOVES balls, especially his football! He loves throwing them and chasing them and just holding them.
  • He adores the CAMERA and always lets out a big "CHEEEEEEESE!" whenever he sees me trying to take a shot.
  • He LOVES Eli and Daddy! The first words out of his mouth in the mornings are "Eli? Daddy?"
  • His sentences are frequently peppered with "Whoa Dude!"
  • He is so SMART! He amazes me with all the things he understands and how fast he picks things up.
  • He loves playing outside ALL the time! None of us do well cooped up in the house...winter is not my fav season...brrrr.
  • He loves taking baths and will try to strip naked whenever he sees a tub.
  • He has the most beautiful hazel eyes and the longest eyelashes.
  • He loves to be wrapped up in his blankets at naptime and bedtime. All you have to do to get him to go to bed is ask him if he wants to snuggle. He goes to his room and waits for you to lay the blankets down and he plops down waiting to be bundled up.
  • He still makes amazing MESSES at meal time. Really very impressive. I won't be sad when this phase passes. He also refuses to let me feed him and gets quite indignant when I insult him by trying to spoon something into his mouth.
He is the sweetest little guy and we just love him to pieces. He is such a treasure and brings joy to our hearts every day. We love you Xander!!!

He is saying "CHEEEESE" in all these pictures...



F


3 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

cute cute.. he's growing up fast

The Gray Family said...

I know I know...time is going TOO FAST!!!! He sure is a cutie.

Danalin said...

Oh.My.Goodness. He is SUCH a handsome guy. I love him from all the way over here! His smile is contagious.