Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Season's Greetings

****Just posting my Christmas Letter in case I missed emailing it to anyone. Merry Christmas all!***

I think I have officially procrastinated long enough now. Long gone are the days where I would have all of my Christmas cards written, stamped, and mailed before Thanksgiving (those days went the way of my house being immaculately clean and a car that wasn't lined with goldfish and Cheerios).

My apologies for the tardiness of this email and apologies that this is an email and not a card. But since we are in the days of eco-awareness, we can just consider this my contribution to preserving the environment. :)

It has been quite a busy year, delightfully so.

Eli is now 3 ½. He is getting so tall and, well, HUGE! He still loves playing with cars or anything with wheels. He is particularly fond of dirt and playing outside as much as possible. Eli is very active and is always the life of the party. He has the most wonderful, contagious laugh (especially when he is being ferociously tickled)! He absolutely adores helping Daddy do just about anything. All summer he helped Brandon mow the lawn, work on his car, and do other general household repairs.

Xander is 18 months now (what happened to my baby?!). He is also getting big! I’m not sure what we are feeding these guys to make them grow so much. Xander is talking really well now and both he and Eli have learned a bit of sign language that has been pretty fun to use. Xander is such a little lover and loves to give hugs and snuggles. He also packs quite the attitude when the situation calls for it!

They both love to play together and pick on each other. Sibling rivalry is alive and well most days in our house.

What have I been doing that is keeping me from writing actual Christmas cards and keeping my house to Martha Stewart standards? Well, I have been super busy being a mommy and wife and writing a book amongst a host of other exciting things. The book title is Raising Thoughtful Children: 6 Essential Skills Your Child Will Never Learn in School. I've been busy typing away to get the manuscript finished so we can submit it to the editor at the end of January. The release date will be around May or June 2010! How exciting!!

Brandon is still working for Micron (made it through the massive layoffs with flying colors) and has been super busy being the world's greatest husband and daddy giving me as much time as possible so I can write my book. Brandon's also been studying real estate investing and is super excited to start applying what he has been learning.

2009 has been a year of much learning and expansive ideas. So many exciting things are on the horizon. We have SO much to be grateful for! It is positively awe inspiring. Brandon and I are going on 12 years of marital bliss (It seems like it was just yesterday we got married!) and our two little boys have been such amazing teachers. We love having their sweet spirits in our lives!!

So I raise my glass of eggnog to an amazing 2009 and am looking forward to 2010 being the best year ever! Wishing you all a year of love and abundance!

Happy Holidays!!

Love,

Kirsten, Brandon, Eli, and Xander Nelson

4 comments:

Saville Family said...

Your book is so exciting!!

Danalin said...

Love the updates and the pictures! You are one adorable family, that's for sure. Merry, Merry Christmas!

The Gray Family said...

merry Christmas! What a cute little family you have.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!