Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Eli!


This time three years ago I was holding a brand new, very sweet and tiny little Eli in my arms for the first time.

I was so intoxicated with that new baby smell and relished in just sniffing the top of his head (I know I'm weird). It was such a relief to have the pregnancy part over and more than a little intimidating to begin the out-of-the-belly-responsible-for-this-little-person bit.

Eli weighed 5 lb 8 oz and was 19 inches long. He had a head full of dark hair. He was born 3 weeks early and was perfect and healthy. What a little miracle.

Thus far, he has spent the morning hucking cheerios around the kitchen, playing with his Dodge, and picking on Xander. I think we need to get out of the house (after I clean up the cheerios and milk that are lining my kitchen).

No comments: