Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 4, 2009

So creative

Little children are very similar to parrots in many ways. They screech and make a mess, and they also get creative in repeating what you say.

When the kids get a bonk or owwie (those are such mommy words), we have been telling them to shake it off and then in an excited voice tell them that now we get to watch their amazing body fix it. It has worked pretty well!

Yesterday Eli walked up to me and totally punched me in the charlie-horse zone and, quite naturally I winced and said "Ow!" and looked hurt. Eli looked into my face with glowing eyes and said, "Mommy, now we get to watch your body fix it!"

Ah, the lessons we learn from little people...

2 comments:

Saville Family said...

Your little people sound hilarious! With fun parents like you two, I find it no surprise. Happy late Birthday to Eli!

Danalin said...

I am so bad about blog commenting lately. I feel guilty about much "me" time that isn't spent doing my schoolwork. I have LOVED each post! You are such a fabulous momma. Those two little men are super lucky. And a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Eli. One of these days our boys will be able to get together and hang...one of these days. I love ya, lady!